MANIFESTO FOR ADDRESSING AND REDUCING OLDER ADULTS LONELINESS IN EUROPE
Recognising the impact loneliness has on the health and mental or psychological well-being of older citizens and the vulnerable we can transform our services and intervention programmes to be more proactive and responsive.
Among others, the manifesto agrees and endorses the following principles in reducing loneliness amongst older adults and the vulnerable in our society:
1) Listen and learn from older adults to achieve a better understanding of current loneliness among in urban and rural environments, and to identify causes, consequences and solutions.
2) Increase awareness of loneliness and the impact it has for older citizens amongst all stakeholders and in particular policy makers.
3) Work for the detection and prevention of loneliness from a coordinated and holistic perspective
4) Include older adults in the design and development of policies and services affecting them
5) Share knowledge and learning with other regions so that across Europe we collectively work to reduce loneliness in the elderly and vulnerable.
Read the full text of the manifesto and register your entity to participate as supporter, endorser or collaborator in future activities.